Monday, December 7, 2009

Halloween 2009











We had a FABULOUS Halloween!! Since JR was born, I have always loved coordinating costumes for Grace and JR. I figure I will do it until they complain about it-ha,ha! My mom bought Grace a Belle costume at the Disney store this past summer. So of course the Beast costume came to mind for JR! It was SO hard to find and too expensive but the Beast costume was truly priceless. JR was scared of wearing the costume at first (he would point to it and say "I cared, Mommy!"), but he quickly warmed up to it. What a sport he was for wearing it! :) The bonus was that JR won 2 costume contests!! The night before Halloween we went to a Halloween party at a kids salon, Shear Madness, where we take the kids to get haircuts in Kansas City. JR won the grand prize for the costume contest and won a free haircut there-woo-hoo! The kids then got to go trick or treating in the shopping center, Zona Rosa, where Shear Madness is located. On Halloween Day we went to a Halloweenie Roast at Fort Leavenworth, before trick or treating. JR won first place again in the Halloween costume contest for ages 3 and under. I was so proud of JR, and it was nice for our middle child to be the "man of the hour" on Halloween! Grace also had a book parade at school for Halloween. Scott David was suppose to be a monkey for his first Halloween, but somehow I lost the bottom part of his costume the night before Halloween when we went to Shear Madness. I have no clue how I managed to lose the pants to his monkey costume, but not having a brain that functions correctly is the price I've paid for having 3 kids-ha,ha! Anyway, after being upset and agonizing about it, I had an extra costume that my mom bought JR when he was a baby. So thanks to Nana, Scott David still had a puppy dog costume to wear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment