Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dallas Cowboy Game 10/11/09




My parents are so hard to buy gifts for! JD had a great idea to take my Dad to a Dallas Cowboys game when they came here to play the Kansas City Chiefs in KS City! After all, how often are we stationed this close to a major league football team? The tickets to the game were SO hard to get as they were super expensive, and when JD was first trying to purchase them, he would also have to purchase tickets to another game as well! So JD tried to buy the tickets on Ebay and lost almost every single bid! It was SO crazy! A couple of hundred dollars later, JD bought the tickets to the Cowboys game. My mom flew into KS City the Thursday before the game to spend some extra time with the kids, and my dad flew in the day before the game. My mom, the kids, and I had a great time shopping, getting Scott David's picture made, seeing "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", and this was the time that my mom got to go on Grace's field trip to the fire station with her and watch Grace cheer for 10 minutes at her football game (it was SO cold and the little cheerleaders did not last long!). Well guess what?! JD got sick with strep throat a few days before the game! After all the hassle and trouble of buying the tickets and having my parents fly in, he was sick in bed for a few days before the game and was dead set that he was not going to go to the game.....neither my mom nor I wanted to go freeze our booties off at the game with my Dad! I forced JD to go to the doctor and after having some heavy duty antibiotics in his system, he was a trooper and went to the game (That weekend it was freezing here in Kansas with the high temperatures in the high 30's!). All I can is thank God for miracle drugs as the men had a great time at the game, and this seems to be the Dallas Cowboys turning point for a more positive football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment