Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Me and my buddy




As many of you know, since our Scott David was born this past March I haven't always been my J.R.'s favorite person anymore. He's always loved the baby, but when we came home from the hospital he wanted nothing to do with me! This broke my heart, and as sleep deprived and hormonal as us moms are after having a baby, I cried about this! Before the baby came, JR and I were buddies! While Grace was at preschool 3 days/week and dance class last year we took a Kindermusik class, would go grocery shopping and run whatever errands we needed to do, and did countless play dates. In some ways, I felt like I lost my best friend! :( Since we've moved to Kansas I feel like we have bonded again (though J.R. still adores his daddy!). At least I've felt this way until last night. For some reason, J.R.'s new name for me is "mum". He's been calling me mum for the last few weeks. No, we're not from England and what's up with shortened version?! Hello, a 2 year old should still be calling me mommy! Anyway, JR finished his dinner (a rare event) and I was offering him a dessert of either a popsicle, pudding, or yogurt (his big thing these days is getting to pick.....makes him feel like a big boy!!). His reply to me, "GO AWAY, MUM!! GO AWAY!". He's never said this before and JD and I just looked at each other and cracked up! Yes, this boy has and will always keep us on our toes! Again, here are pictures during the move to Kansas at the end of June of me and my little buddy.

1 comment:

  1. Who are you kidding? ALL of those kids adore their Momma. J.R. just takes out frustration on the love of his life, you!

    Love,
    JD

    ReplyDelete